Saturday, July 5, 2008

Wall=E raises the bar baby




Considering I have basically ignored the whole movie thing during school, I think I am making up for it nicely right now.. there are so many good movies or must-see's out this summer.


...As walle came out later I naturally saw Kungfoo panda by Dreamworks and I gotta say I Was impressed.. the jokes and the look of the film and its characters, the style. Everything worked so nicely that I have to say it was the best dreamworks film since the first shrek.


Until I saw WAll-E.. its graphics alone were worthy of a live action film and even included clips of live action within it that didn't seem out of place as the atmosphere was so real. It made me realize that Kungfoo panda is where Pixar was..last year, certainly an excellent film and one of my favorites (that old turtle was brilliant!!)..but pixar has definitely succeeded in once again raising the bar. The character Wall-E who said very little throughout the film was able to hold the audiences attention just through the personality. almost an ET like quality, except not as freaky. I have to say, I was a little skeptical when I saw there was a "futuristic robot that WAlle falls in love with" in the previews.. but luckily the previews really gave nothing away and it worked quite well.


There isnt really much in the way of specifics.. I think the best thing to do is just go and see it

1 comment:

Nathan Dickey said...

I now notice that the problem with doing a wall-e sketch based on a concept pic is that there are differences in certain details, such as the shape of the eyes.. oh well